top of page
Sat, 18 Feb|
Powerlifting Fundmentals Course
This course gives the participants the necessary background to compete in the sport of Powerlifting. Perfect for the novice lifter, trainer or gym goer looking to expand their knowledge or prepare for competition. This event runs over 2 days on Feb 18th and Feb 25th.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
18 Feb, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm AWST
Rucci's Gym, 7 Kalli St, Malaga WA 6090, Australia
The course is run over 2 days - 18th & 25th Feb
Discounts for Coaching Members
- Module 1 (Powerlifting Introduction): Powerlifting 101, equipped vs raw Powerlifting, event variations, lift descriptions, referee calls, rules, federations, professional events, weight and age categories, how are winners determined, example scoresheet and how to read it, qualifying and grading, equipment, competition setup.
- Module 2 (Anatomy and Biomechanics): Planes of movement, directions and positions, actions, movements, the skeletal system, types of joints, the muscular system, biomechanical levers, the fulcrum, types of levers, the moment arm, lift biomechanics, improve biomechanics for lifts.
- Module 3-4 (The Squat): Lift demonstration, individual technical evaluation, regressing and progressing difficulty, accessory training.
- Module 5-6 (The Bench Press): Lift demonstration, individual technical evaluation, regressing and progressing difficulty, accessory training.
- Module 7-8 (The Deadlift): Lift demonstration, individual technical evaluation, regressing and progressing difficulty, accessory training.
- Module 9 (Training and Programming): General adaptation syndrome (GAS), training variables (intensity/volume/frequency), absolute vs technical failure, training principals, RPE vs % based programming, session grading, periodisation and planning, the annual plan, example programs.
- Module 10 (Common Injuries and Injury Prevention): Common injuries (shoulders, back, elbows, wrists, knees, hips), injury prevention. Questions and Answers session.
There is no requirement to participate in the practical component if you are unable to.
Dan and Paul Rucci
bottom of page